Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Photographic Expedition with Mike

Today Mike and I were having issues figuring out what to do this afternoon, so we decided to borrow Mom's nice camera and try to get some pictures of the forest at sunset.

We soon found an overlook which faced out over the valley in the south, toward Talladega and Munford.
Soon the darkness fell, and the picture taking opportunities got even better.
 If you can't tell, that is the night sky, complete with billions of stars.
We took a few more... pictures,
and headed up the side of Cheaha. The sound of coyotes echoed throughout the valley behind us. Soon, the lights of Oxford appeared before us.
We took a few more pictures, but this one stood out the most to me.
With the trees in the foreground, it is easier to see the sky. Anyway, that was our afternoon. Wandering through empty forests at night can be frightening, but worth it, in my opinion. Although in the course of this trip, the pin that holds my tire carrier closed was lost, forcing us to improvise. Luckily, I carry a lot of random tools everywhere with me.
I c-clamped the tailgate closed, which somehow held up the rest of the trip. Anyway, I just wanted to share.





Some other pictures of the trip:



No comments:

Post a Comment